Alann made a version 4 of his PicStep board to be compatible with the open source designs. Thanks Alan. A couple of items to make note of:
1. The ribbon cable needs a twist as the orientation of the 10 pin IDC connector on the Picstep board is reversed from Open Source
2. Using the 4 axis interface, there needs to be jumpers added to power the Pic on the Picstep.
3. Using the 4 axis interface, jumpers for pin 1 (brake or enable) need to be configured.
4. On the opto isolated interface board, you will need a separate isolated 5VDC source to power the opto isolator output and the PIC.
5. On the opto isolated interface board, depending on opto isolators you may need to remove the 2 10K pullups on the Step and Direction signals.
Alans PicStep Website